Public API - September 21st, 2019
- Added new endpoints to retrieve standard information about all agents within your organization or a specific agent. This information includes the DisplayName, Geolocation, SubGroup, and more.
- Added new optional query parameter, SubGroupIDs, to the agents health and info endpoints to filter the results to one or more specified subgroups.
- For more information, see our API documentation
Infrastructure - September 20th, 2019
- Fixed bug where some users were receiving ‘Unable to deserialize job request’ responses when submitting a new Job request.
Web Interface - September 11th, 2019
- Fixed bug where terminal session would not start in Edge browser.
Linux Agents (0.1.70) - September 8th, 2019
- Bug Fixes:
- Certain hardware configurations were reporting the CPU socket temperature instead of the actual CPU temperature
- Exiting a terminal session could cause the agent service to restart or crash in rare cases
- RAM speed in MHz sometimes reported as 0 for certain hardware
- More accurate reading of the BIOS date, system model number, and serial number for certain hardware
- WLAN BSSID scanning process updated to better detect networks for geolocation processes
- Reduced memory and CPU usage while performing a screenshot
Web Interface - August 29th, 2019
- New feature: Mass package execution. With a few clicks, users now have the ability to execute a package on up to 100 remote computers at a time. Package executions are grouped into a single “job” which can be scheduled to run immediately or at a later date. The job can be configured to execute on all machines at once, or have executions batched into groups with a user-defined delay between each. The results of the job and output from each machine is available on the job detail screen.
- Packages can now be scheduled for later execution when run on individual computers.
- On agent detail page “UPTIME” field now displays as “LAST UPTIME” when agent is offline, and shows the period between last recorded boot time and when the agent disconnected.
Web Interface - August 14th, 2019
- New feature: REST API access (Postman documentation). It is now possible to query the health of your agents using the REST API. Access keys can be managed from the Organization / API section.
- Dashboard map view now includes controls for full-screen mode and to reset zoom to initial level.
- Agent nodes on Dashboard map now display assigned group.
- Online/Offline counts on Dashboard now update in real-time when agents come online or go offline.
- Public IP on agent detail page links to Google Maps when IP address or wifi information can be geolocated.
Windows Agents (0.2.538) - July 8th, 2019
- Fixed bug that could prevent ctrl-alt-del on Windows Vista and Server 2008 from working as expected
- Small optimization to screenshot process to reduce memory and bandwidth usage
- Adjust time sync logic to help reduce time shift in historical CPU and Memory usage
Linux Agents (0.1.30) - July 4th, 2019
- Fixed bug where screenshots on rotated displays may not resize to the dimensions expected
Linux Agents (0.1.27) - July 4th, 2019
- Added support to gather wireless network information to be used for more accurate geolocation data
- Added support for gathering CPU temperature for future feature release
- Adjusted Processes list CPU usage percentage logic to show actual live usage at that moment and not the overall CPU usage of the application since it started. Also take the adjust the value for the overall usage across all CPUs/cores.
- Adjusted screenshot logic and compression methods to help reduce timeouts when working with larger resolutions and high DPI displays
- Adjusted agent update check intervals to cover a larger period of time to prevent possible internet connection saturation where many agents are trying to update around the same time
Windows Agents (0.2.524) - June 25th, 2019
- Reduced latency on clipboard syncing during remote access sessions
- Fixed issue where free space detection on certain NVME SSDs was not correct
- Adjusted screenshot logic and compression methods to help reduce timeouts when working with larger resolutions and high DPI displays
Linux Agents (0.1.7) - June 20th, 2019
- Fixed issue where package files wouldn’t auto update right away if ran right before and after making changes to the package files
Web Interface - June 15th, 2019
- New user roles for “Technician” and “Viewer”. Users with the Technician role have full access to machines they are shared on, but cannot re-parent or rename devices. Technicians cannot view or change organization settings. Users with the Viewer role can see details for any machines they are shared on, but do not have the ability to interact with the device. Features like Remote Access, terminal and file browser are disabled for the Viewer role.
- Custom status codes. Users can now assign a status code to a device. Status codes are configured at the organization level, and consist of a numeric value with a text label. When assigned a status code with a non-zero, positive numeric value, remote devices are considered to be in a “trouble” state and are called out explicitly in some areas of the web interface.
- External link out. Configure and display a custom link to a third-party system on the agent detail page. Embed agent-specific details in the link such as ID, serial number, display name, etc. Useful for connecting to external CRM or ticketing systems.
Linux Agents (0.1.4) - June 15th, 2019
Initial public release:
- Available for 64-bit versions of Linux with three installation package types: deb, rpm, and tar.gz. Initially supported distributions include: Ubuntu LTS 16.04 and 18.04, Linux Mint 19, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8, Amazon Linux 2.
- Agent installer can be downloaded from your Installers page and selecting Linux under the Operating System drop down
Windows Agents (0.2.504) - May 29th, 2019
- Added disk space usage monitoring for future addition to historical data
- Fixed rare issue where agent credentials wont load correctly after a configuration reset
- Fixed some API compatibility issues with Windows IoT Core. This version is still not officially supported
- Added extra logging to configuration loading process
Windows Agents (0.2.485) - May 15th, 2019
- New Feature: Added checks to determine if the system has been imaged and to force a re-registration as a new agent
- Reduced memory usage during remote access sessions
- Better handling for screen capture method fallback when system is missing certain displays drivers
- Added support for detecting DDR4 and low profile (LPDDR, LPDDR2, LPDDR3, and LPDDR4) memory types for Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016+
- Fixed issue where ctrl/alt keys may become out of sync during remote access sessions
- Fixed issue where ctrl-alt-del did not always work on some Windows Server systems with the first/second try
- Added process to locally store the agent credentials to help protect from configuration corruption if the system powered off improperly while settings were being updated
Windows Agents (0.2.383) - February 17th, 2019
- New Feature: Remote desktop access displays mouse cursor changes
- New Feature: Configurable policy option by group to show/hide the remote access connect/disconnect notification
- Enhanced connection retry/failure logic and better detection of dropped connections to the cloud infrastructure
- Fixed bug related to file transfer failure retry not working as expected
- Fixed bug where the user agent may not launch correctly on first attempt on some systems
- Fixed bug where remote access screen capture fallback methods, where hardware acceleration was not available, may fail and stop capturing
Windows Agents (0.2.339) - January 13th, 2019
- New Feature: Added options to enable remote and screenshot access password protection. You can choose to use a rolling temporary passcode and/or set a permanent password. These can be enabled using the Ask for Help application and configured via a policy in the web interface
- New Feature: Added remote access connect and disconnect notifications which pop up on the bottom right of the primary screen displaying the remote user’s first name and initial of their last name
- Updated security permissions on HeartbeatRM’s Program Files folder to be more restrictive
- Enhanced garbage collection timing after disconnect from remote access connection to reduce memory usage
- Enhanced startup of remote access connections to reduce possible re-transmission of full screen update due to resizing on the client side
- Enhanced Agent auto update service to use new mirrors, better compression, and more reliable update process to ensure the Agent updates properly with different system configurations, firewalls, and antivirus protection
- Updated Windows Service recovery settings for the HeartbeatRM Agent and Update services
- Fixed issue with remote terminal resizing not working as expected
- Fixed bugs related to possible lockups that can occur with remote access connections in certain circumstances
- Fixed issue where CTRL-ALT-DEL in remote access may not work correct in certain group policy settings are configured
Windows Agents (0.2.74) - December 13th, 2018
- Updated Agent auto update service to use multiple download endpoints in case one is not accessible to the local system
- Fixed remote access connection issue on 32-bit Windows systems
Windows Agents (0.2.38) - December 7th, 2018
- New Feature: Added remote terminal access (command prompt, and if available, PowerShell)
- New Feature: Added detection if disk drive is an SSD and displaying in disk information
- New Feature: Added device battery % and AC power status if system has a battery
- Updated Agent auto update service to be more resilient to network issues, better logging for troubleshooting, and more expandable to future enhancements
- Updated file browser’s COPY option to handle more than one file/folder
- Enhanced stream connection logic to speed up connection attempts
- Fixed issue where remote access could lock up or crash if another process tried to take exclusive access over the display adapter
- Fixed issue with PowerShell script execution where certain characters in the script could cause the execution to fail
- Fixed issue with Packages where package execution could hang if the command was not valid
- Fixed blurry custom logo image in Ask for Help application on high DPI displays
Windows Agents (0.1.2248) - October 31st, 2018
- New Feature: Don’t reset wallpaper after remote access session ends, if wallpaper was changed by user during a remote access session.
- New Feature: Add disk SMART status and attribute details to system disk information.
- Fix issue where where agent could fail to register on install, if the agent had been previously installed and unregistered on that system.
- Fix issue where remote access session could lock up and not re-establish a connection quickly if there was a display adapter change or another application took control of the system’s display adapter.
- Prevent unnecessary re-downloads of the agent update installer if the installer exists in the local cache and the checksum matches if the update was previously interrupted.
- Add support for future feature to display installed printers and their print queue.
Windows Agents (0.1.2155) - September 25th, 2018
- Fix issue where ctrl-alt-del may not work on some systems
- Fix issue where Agent and/or Update service may not install or start up correctly
- Add Ask For Help link to the desktop on new Agent installations
- Update internal logging library to better support troubleshooting issues
Windows Agents (0.1.2115) - September 14th, 2018
- New Feature: Add task package execution support and output reporting
- Adjust internal DNS resolution order when connecting to HeartbeatRM servers
- Fix bug where the agent could shutdown/restart uncleanly when cleaning up IPC connections
- Add further error checking and fallback processes to WMI query handler
- Fix issue where Powershell may not have been located properly, failing to execute script requests
Windows Agents (0.1.2091) - September 9th, 2018
- Added internal DNS client to be used with resolving Heartbeat server addresses in case the locally configured DNS servers fail to resolve properlyAdjust internal DNS resolution order when connecting to HeartbeatRM servers
- Fixed remote access request process to queue multiple requests performed in a short period of time to prevent a possible reset of the remote access service on the agent
- Added task package execution handling for future feature update
- Update client certificate and cipher validation steps to help prevent possible man in the middle attacks
- Add extra logging steps to the remote access request process
- Fix possible connection with the stream agent process and the agent service
Windows Agents (0.1.2054) - August 7th, 2018
- Fix possible remote access disconnect error on a low latency connection right after a client connects
- Add auto quality setting adjustments for remote access that adjusts itself according to the agent’s connection latency
- Update compression libraries to reduce memory usage
- Update WLAN scanning process to consider last seen probe values
- Add further DXGI library error checking with fallback to legacy options if it fails
- Update hardware device map for new display option in web client
Windows Agents (0.1.2033) - July 26th, 2018
- Enhanced remote access encoding process to use adaptive compression quality settings according to the rate of change
- Add new SSE2 optimized instructions to remote access and screen shot encoding processes
- Adjusted the processes related to historical CPU, memory, and application resource to reduce the data packet size for reporting
- Fixed a possible bug related to decompressing PowerShell scripts prior to use
- Updated Geo-location process to be more accurate in case a user’s system moves around a lot
- Added clipboard icon/button to the Ask For Help application to quickly copy the Help ID
- Reduced Ask For Help application’s executable size
- Updated hardware, OS, and RAM detection to use Windows APIs in case WMI queries fail
- Added support for reading disk SMART attributes for future feature development
- Updated DXGI library speed up changes to/from secure desktop
Windows Agents (0.1.1978) - June 12th, 2018
- Enhance remote access encoding processes for non chromium based browsers to lower latency
- Add descriptive error message when trying to delete a non empty folder using the remote file browser
- Fix issue related to changing an agent’s service group using a new installer
Windows Agents (0.1.1967) - June 8th, 2018
- “Restart Agent” option in Power Management menu on the agent page made available
- Updated network information pulling to also query the wireless network adapters
- Enhanced agent lockup/crash recovery monitoring
- Added step to attempt to wake screens that may be asleep when starting a remote access session